Ph.D., Materials Science & Engineering (expected 2015), University of Pennsylvania
M.S. (Dipl.-Ing.), Materials Science (2011), Dresden University of Technology (Thesis at the University of Pennsylvania)
Currently my research focuses on the investigation and development of suitable contact materials for nanoelectromechanical systems (NEMS) switches. Characterization methods I am using include angle-resolved and environmental X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy (AR-XPS, E-XPS) , ultra-high vacuum atomic force microscopy (UHV AFM), nano-indentation and scanning and transmission electron microscopy (SEM, TEM).
- “Angle-Resolved Environmental X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy: A New Laboratory Setup for Photoemission Studies at Pressures up to 0.4 Torr”. F. Mangolini, J. Åhlund, G. E. Wabiszewski, V. P. Adiga, P. Egberts, F. Streller, K. Backlund, P.G. Karlsson, B. Wannberg, and R. W. Carpick. Review of Scientific Instruments, 83, 093112 (2012).[pdf]
- “Superhydrophobic aluminium-based surfaces: Wetting and wear properties of different CVD-generated coating types”. M. Thieme, F. Streller, F. Simon, R. Frenzel, A.J. White. Applied Surface Science, 283, 1041-1050 (2013). [http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169433213013767]
- F. Streller, G.E. Wabiszewski, G. Piazza, and R.W. Carpick. “Platinum Silicide as a Next-Generation Contact Material for NEMS Switches” Materials Research Society Spring Meeting, San Francisco CA, April 1-5, 2013.
- F. Streller, G.E. Wabiszewski, G. Piazza, and R.W. Carpick. “Development and Characterization of Platinum Silicide as a Contact Material for Nanoelectromechanical Switches” 244th American Chemical Society National Meeting and Exposition, Philadelphia PA, August 19-23, 2012.
- F. Streller, G.E. Wabiszewski, G. Piazza, and R.W. Carpick. “Development and Characterization of Platinum Silicide as a Tuneable Contact Material for NEMS Switches” Materials Research Society Spring Meeting, San Francisco CA, April 9-13, 2012.
- University of Pennsylvania “President Gutmann Leadership Award” (2013)
- University of Pennsylvania “Research Student Travel Grant” (2013)
- ERASMUS Fellowship of the European Union (2008/09)